SCA Donate Materials

Donating materials to Special Collections and Archives

Please contact Special Collections and Archives at if you are interested in donating material. An archivist will be in touch with you to go over the material in more detail. Be prepared to discuss the scope of the material, the formats of the material, and the collection size. If the material is deemed fit for the repository, the archivist and donor will then go over the transfer process and the deed of gift which acts as the donor agreement.

Do you want my yearbook? –  The short answer? It depends. While we never want to pass on material that represents the student experience on campus, the reality is that yearbooks are the most donated items to the University Archives. Our goal is to collect the broadest scope possible and in order to do so we must focus our attention on other types of material. However, if your yearbook contains something unique (perhaps an inscription from notable alumni or it details an untold event) please do reach out to us about retaining the copy.

Transferring institutional records to the University Archives

Did you know?  Trinity University does have a records retention policy and schedule found here:

In addition to records designated to come to the university archives, we are also interested in material that is completed or no longer needs to be referred to on a regular basis for operations. This includes:

  • Official correspondence (important updates, charges, actions, decisions)
  • Newsletters and other publications from the division, department, unit
  • Reports, studies, reviews, assessments, executive summaries
  • Policy and procedure statements and related planning documents 
  • Major planning documents – strategic planning, campus, and department plans
  • Meeting agendas and minutes – committees, tasks forces, boards, teams
  • Curriculum-related material such as syllabi, records of programs, curriculum, and class development
  • Compiled histories and activities of office or department

When you are ready to transfer files to the archives, email the University Archivist. They will work with you to confirm the preparation of files and set up the best transfer option.

The forms below are for the transfer of records. Please follow the instructions listed within each form.

Records Transfer Form
Please complete this form before transferring paper and hard format records to the University Archives. 

File Manifest Template
Please complete this form before transferring digital records to the University Archives.  Use this guide to help you prepare your records. Transferring Digital Materials to the University Archives

Please reach out to the University Archivist with any questions.

A full guide on transferring records can be found here: